Monday, September 26, 2016

What We're Reading-October Edition



Deb Holzer, Library Specialist

Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear


Maisie Dobbs, working with the British Secret Service, is sent to Hitler’s Germany to aid an important British citizen returning home. The book is based on a story that was told to the author by her mother. A man freed from a German concentration camp is given to the British after they paid for his release. Little did the Germans know he was an inventor and of great import. I find Germany during Hitler’s reign mesmerizing. Do you?




Megan Olson, Patient Education Librarian

The Grownup by Gillian Flynn

I am excited to read Gillian Flynn’s book, The Grownup.   I’ve read 3 of her other books and have yet to be disappointed!




Mary Jo Boland, Patient Education Librarian

A Most Curious Murder by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli

With the destruction of her mother's Little Library and the discovery of curmudgeon Adam Cane murdered in neighbor Zoe Zola's fairy garden, Jenny Weston begins to doubt the soundness of her decision to return to her hometown of Bear Falls, Michigan. When another body is discovered, Jenny and Zoe decide to clear Zoe's name by finding the real killer. I like books about wacky characters and small town settings.



Melinda Orebaugh, Director

The Jealous Kind by James Lee Burke

One of Burke’s best novels to date employing his signature conflicts of man against man and man against himself.  I suspect this book maybe somewhat autobiographical depicting the coming of age story of a teenage boy in 1952 Houston, Texas.



Eileen Severson, Supervisor

Monkeewrench by P.J. Tracy

I was looking for a fun, fast paced read and I got it with P.J. Tracy's Monkeewrench.  Not only does the story feature murder, mystery, and cops, but it takes place in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.  A perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment