Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What We're Reading--October

Debi Holzer, Library Specialist, Journals
“I am really enjoying the latest Felix Francis novel. He is continuing the family tradition of his late father. They are thrillers with different title characters all involved in some aspect of British horse racing. I love them. I started reading his father Dick’s books while recuperating from surgery many years ago and have been hooked ever since. Maybe you should give it a try…”

Ann Emmel, Educational Services Librarian

“David Lagercrantz continues Stieg Larsson’s series with hacker extraordinaire Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist. They are back exposing a “web of spies, cybercriminals, and governments around the world”. This book will keep you at the edge of your seat!”
Kaye Crampton, Patient Education Librarian
"Takes place in Scotland near the end of WWII.  A trio of pampered social elites from New York City attempt to find proof of the Loch Ness monster.  As the tale unfolds, the real “monster” begins to surface, and the drama becomes dark and intense."

Eileen Severson, Library and Patient Education Supervisor


“I’ve read several of Erik Larson’s books and have enjoyed every one of them.  He makes history readable and fun.  I just started this one and can’t put it down.”



Melissa Miller, Interactive Patient Education Nurse


"Favorite quote from the book: “I think you can do whatever you want. In the end, we all live the life we choose.” The newest book by my favorite author ever! See Me takes the love story plot we know and love from Nicholas Sparks and adds dark twists and turns. Showing the impact unexpected trauma has on families and reminding us not to judge people on first appearances, See Me keeps you intrigued until the end."


Charlotte Grant, Patient Education Content Specialist










Reading this Bruce’s thoughts evokes memories of my brother, Bruce. Both endured ALS (aka Lou Gehrig’s disease) to the best of their abilities before the disease took them. The book is a profound and poetic view of what we all face someday, with or without grace. Mr. Kramer found and was healed by it. His book may help others find peace, too.”

Melinda Orebaugh, Library & Patient Education Director


“After You is a sequel to Moyes’ Me Before You. The story line of After You is intricately intertwined with Me Before You; I strongly recommend reading Me Before You first if you have not already done so. Months after the death of her lover, Louisa Clark continues to struggle with her grief and in moving on with her life. Louisa discovers that life is not always happy or predictable but she learns there is life after grief. A poignant closure to Louisa’s story.”

Megan Olson, Patient Education Librarian



“Truthfully, this book is on my “to read” list.  I can’t wait to dive in and get an account of what life was like in the roaring 20s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment