Thursday, October 13, 2016

October is National Medical Librarians Month!


Celebrate National Medical Librarians Month with your Librarians!





Stop by any of our libraries, see what we have to offer and pick up a retractable badge holder or a 2017 calendar to stick on your computer.   

If you can’t make it to a library, call or email us and we’ll send the badge holder or calendar via interoffice mail.

Phone:  55410
Email: 
library@gundersenhealth.org





Read what others have said about our libraries and librarians:


“I conduct a lot of professional seminars and am constantly updating my knowledge base.  The library staff have been exceedingly helpful in tracking down obscure or difficult to locate research articles pertaining to my areas of interest, and they do it in prompt and friendly fashion.  On one occasion when a resource could not be located through electronic search, they phoned the Institution in question and forwarded alternative resources to me that were pertinent and helpful.  This demonstrates to me that the library staff are clearly dedicated to what they do and willing to go above and beyond the call. I am grateful for what they do.”

Gregory D. Prichett, Psy. D.
“I rely on the Gundersen Library and most specifically, the team of superb librarians, regularly. In writing, doing research, and designing curricula, I need evidence-based publications that form the foundation for quality work. The librarians never let me down. I may need a somewhat obscure publication. No problem—I have it within a few days. I’m running short on time and write to ask, “Would you do a search for me?” The link is in a promptly-sent email. The library also provides a comfortable and quiet place to work when I’m on the La Crosse campus and need to catch up on e-mails or work on an article that’s due in a few days. The library is central to me being able to do my work in the way I want to do it. I will always be grateful to those of you who regularly provide such superb service to me and others. Congratulations on National Medical Librarians’ Month!”
Rana Limbo, PhD, RN, CPLC, FAAN
“Nursing is strongly driven by evidence based practice principles.  No matter the topic, no matter the assignment, when you need help with a literature search or locating an article the health sciences library comes through! Kitty Meyer has come to my rescue when I urgently need to find an article or search for evidence on a particular topic. The added benefit is that the entire library staff is friendly and never complains about deadlines or urgent needs! They are a great asset to this institution!!”
Marie A. Walter MS, RN, C-EFM, CPLC 
“When I decided to go back to school for my Masters in Nursing it had been almost 20 years since being in the library researching topics.  To say I was lost and anxious was an understatement.  The Library Ladies spent a lot of time teaching me how to use the research engines and helped me countless times all during my education. Their help allowed me to succeed. They continue to help me when I am researching trauma topics, or just need an interesting book to read.  I am ever grateful for their help and friendship!”
Andrew J. Wagner RN, BSN



No comments:

Post a Comment