Tuesday, May 10, 2016

What We're Reading--May Edition


Kitty Meyer, Document Delivery Specialist



The Last Mile by David Baldacci

"Sequel to the book Memory Man.  Amos Decker, the man who forgets nothing, returns in this new thriller.”


Debi Holzer, Library Specialist







Any books by Carl Hiaasen
“Carl Hiaasen is an American journalist, columnist, and novelist. “I've always enjoyed making people laugh. But in order for me to be funny, I have to get ticked off about something.” And he is ticked off about our environment and how people treat it. He lives in and loves Florida especially the Keys. His books are stand-alone stories that are educational, entertaining, and satirical. One recurring protagonist, a past Florida Governor, has gone native and dispenses justice as he sees fit. Carl is downright hilarious. I find myself laughing out loud when I read his books. Sick Puppy may be my favorite, but I enjoyed each of them. If you are in the mood for something different give him a try.”

Megan Olson, Patient Education Librarian






Essential Oils for Beginners
"This is the perfect guide to get you started with essential oils and aromatherapy! Learn how and why to use certain oils."



Eileen Severson, Supervisor



Unbroken:  A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand

"One of the most amazing stories I have read.  Remarkable story of human resiliency, strength, and faith.  A MUST read."



Kaye Crampton, Patient Education Librarian









The Forgotten Garden
by Kate Morton

“This story set in Australia and England slides back and forth in time. A little girl is abandoned on the docks in Brisbane, Australia in the early 1900’s.  Her 21st century granddaughter tries to trace her grandmother’s origins from a troubled, dysfunctional family in England.  The Forgotten Garden is a pleasant escape to another time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment