All books listed below are available in the Health Sciences Library or the Mooney Libraries. For more information contact library staff at extension 55410 or library@gundersenhealth.org.
Enjoy!
Charlotte Grant, Patient Education Content Specialist
Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
“Prepare
to get addicted to the adventures of Special Agent Pendergast. Just one dose of
his mental gymnastics, intercontinental journeys, bizarre family and brilliant
crime-solving will have you joining the company of other Preston-Child devotees
reading (and re-reading) this great series. If you only have time for one, read
“Cabinet.”
Debi Holzer, Library Specialist, Journals
Debi Holzer, Library Specialist, Journals
Dick Francis's Refusal by Felix Francis
“Once when I had a lengthy stay at home I was given a box of
books. There were several by Dick Francis and I was hooked! All his books revolve around an aspect of
horse racing. From the jockeys and
owners to the people that drive the horse vans across Europe. They are mysteries that keep you wondering and leave you with a
sense of having been there. Refusal
involves a beloved investigator, Sid Halley. Try it, you might like it.”
Eileen
Severson, Library & Patient Education SupervisorTaking charge of ADHD: the complete,
authoritative guide for parents by Russell Barkley.

“This book helped me understand the characteristics of ADHD, why my son acts the way he does, and how I can be a better parent for him.”

“This book helped me understand the characteristics of ADHD, why my son acts the way he does, and how I can be a better parent for him.”
Kaye
Crampton, Patient Education Librarian
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

“While this book is difficult to follow at times—the narrative is not linear, and the chapters flip back and forth in time—I enjoyed it. The WWII history is quite interesting, especially as much of it is told from the point of view of young Werner and Marie Laure. The author’s ability to write and convey vivid descriptions of scenes is compelling. Once I started reading, I wanted to find out what happened to the characters.”
Kitty Meyer, Document Delivery Specialist
The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins

“Buckle up! It’s quite a ride!”
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

“While this book is difficult to follow at times—the narrative is not linear, and the chapters flip back and forth in time—I enjoyed it. The WWII history is quite interesting, especially as much of it is told from the point of view of young Werner and Marie Laure. The author’s ability to write and convey vivid descriptions of scenes is compelling. Once I started reading, I wanted to find out what happened to the characters.”
Kitty Meyer, Document Delivery Specialist
The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins

“Buckle up! It’s quite a ride!”
Mary Jo Boland, Patient Education Librarian
Vegetable Love: Vegetables Delicious, Alone or with Pasta, Seafood, Poultry, Meat and More by Barbara Kafka
“I liked this cookbook so much, I bought my own copy -- 750 recipes and a Cook’s Guide (200 pages) devoted to background information on vegetables.”
Vegetable Love: Vegetables Delicious, Alone or with Pasta, Seafood, Poultry, Meat and More by Barbara Kafka

“I liked this cookbook so much, I bought my own copy -- 750 recipes and a Cook’s Guide (200 pages) devoted to background information on vegetables.”
Melinda Orebaugh, Library & Patient Education Director
Endangered by C.J. Box
Endangered by C.J. Box
"Endangered
is the latest installment in the Joe Pickett series. Joe, the rough-hewn Wyoming game warden, is
an entertaining character. CJ Box
captures the essence of the modern west and accurately portrays Wyoming’s
beautiful, and sometimes dangerous, geography.
This is my favorite Joe Pickett adventure to date, and I have read them
all.”
Megan Olson, Patient Education Librarian
Crazy: A father’s search through America’s mental health madness by Pete Earley

“A must read for anyone who wants a better understanding of the many road blocks that prevent patients with a mental illness from receiving treatment.”
Megan Olson, Patient Education Librarian
Crazy: A father’s search through America’s mental health madness by Pete Earley

“A must read for anyone who wants a better understanding of the many road blocks that prevent patients with a mental illness from receiving treatment.”



No comments:
Post a Comment